In April, we’re heralding the arrival of spring and the celebration of Earth Day on April 22. Why not take a moment to educate yourself about sustainability and consider how your company and its swag can be more eco-friendly? At SwagUp, we’ve curated a selection of sustainable swag that’s mission-aligned. It’s good for the planet and even better for impressing your clients and your employees. Keep reading for our guide to sustainable swag and our recommendations for the best eco-friendly swag to give this month and beyond.
Rules For Sustainable Swag
- Make sure it’s high-quality. In order for swag to be considered earth-friendly, your items should be high-quality and long-lasting, not wasteful. Consider items that your giftees will actually keep and use, rather than discard.
- Prevent waste. When choosing swag, consider products that replace single-use items like plastic water bottles and plastic shopping bags.
- Use responsible vendors. At SwagUp, we provide a wide selection of sustainable products sourced from vendors that use environmentally friendly processes or recycled materials.
- Rely on recycled packaging when possible. Did you know that the majority of our packaging is recyclable or reusable? Our Eco Custom Mailer Boxes are recyclable and printed with earth-friendly inks, and with every order, we plant a tree through One Tree Planted.
- Consider the carbon footprint. We work with our carriers to offset our carbon footprint. Ensure that your company is doing the same when it comes to shipping and delivery.
- Choose your partners accordingly. We work with partners including 1% For the Planet, One Tree Planted, and Carbonfund.org. If your organization isn’t already aligned with an eco-minded nonprofit, consider kicking off a partnership this April.
20 Best Sustainable Swag Ideas
Swag and sustainability don’t typically go hand-in-hand, but all of these items from SwagUp are high-quality and will stand the test of time. These 20 products are perfect for mission-driven companies that really want to feel good about their swag.
Stylish and sustainable, this curated Eco Friendly Swag Pack takes the guesswork out of eco-conscious gifting. Featuring premium items made from recycled materials, this pack includes a Carhartt Canvas Backpack, a Growing Up Poppies Seed Sprouting Kit, and a Seed Paper Card (3" x 4") all in our Eco Custom Mailer box.
If you want to commemorate Earth Day specifically, we’ve designed this clever Earth Day Swag Pack, which includes an Elemental Bottle, a Recycled Cotton tote, a Recycled Unisex Tri-Blend Tee, and a Seed Paper Card in an Eco Custom Mailer Box.
This stylish Vila Recycled Executive Duffel is made from 100% recycled plastic, and thanks to a partnership with 1% For The Planet, one percent of sales are donated to environmental nonprofits.
This is a classic crewneck sweatshirt with a twist, which is that it’s made from 100% recycled fabric. The super-soft cotton blend and relaxed silhouette will suit people of all genders.
We love the unlikely shape of this insulated stainless steel thermal bottle, which has a dual-tone glossy / matte finish and a lid made from sustainable bamboo.
Not only does this reusable lunch bag replace the need for disposable paper bags, but it also keeps your food insulated.
Celebrate Earth Day and springtime all together with this adorable grow-your-own sunflowers kit, which comes in a plantable pot.
This modern, lightweight update to shopping bags uses recycled fabric and webbing made from plastic bottles. Perfect for keeping in the car or packing for a trip.
The great thing about a S’well bottle is that even if the recipient already has a reusable water bottle, they can always use another one. This 17-ounce stainless steel bottle replaces plastic water bottles and keeps drinks cold for 24 hours.
We have yet to meet someone who doesn’t love a hoodie. This District Re-Fleece hoodie is our most sustainable yet. It’s made from 100% recycled fabric and feels like a million bucks.
This is the type of swag that will get people talking. It’s a soy-blend candle packaged in an elegant ceramic vessel, and it comes with a seed packet, so you can use the vessel as a planter once the candle is burned down.
Every brand wants its logo on a sticker and emblazoned across a laptop or a notebook. These wooden stickers are made from sustainable materials and send an eco-message with every glance.
Outdoorsy types will appreciate this 25-ounce stainless steel bottle, which features a copper vacuum insulation and a threaded lid with a carrying handle, perfect for urban or wilderness hikers.
Yeah, it’s a notebook, but hear us out. This futuristic Rocketbook notebook is endlessly reusable, like a whiteboard on the go. When you write with a pen from the Pilot Frixion line, your writing sticks to the pages like regular paper, but it erases when you’re done.
We love the Known Supply brand because of its sustainable and transparent manufacturing practices, and this versatile waffle-knit beanie is woven with 100% recycled yarn.
The Creator Bottle is eco-friendly and klutz-proof. The shatter-resistant, 18.6-ounce glass bottle is covered in a cheerful silicone sleeve (perfect for your logo), and it is top rack dishwasher safe.
If you’ve never used a Yeti product, buckle up, because this tumbler maintains the hot or cold temperature of liquids like no other. With a splash-resistant lid, this tumbler works equally well for all types of commuters, and it’s all dishwasher safe.
Bringing your lunch to work is a healthier and more sustainable option than getting takeout, especially if you use a reusable container instead of plastic bags. Made from sustainable bamboo, this Eco Bento Box packs a lot of snack power.
Sorry, but how cute is this? Modeled after classic speckled camping mugs, this planter kit comes with a seed packet, peat pellet, and planting instructions.
Made from all recycled cotton, this reusable, washable tote is a great alternative to plastic grocery bags. Encourage your clients or team members to keep this tote in their car or purse for shopping trips.